Saturday, December 29, 2012

Let it Snow Challenge: Day 5 - New Year's

Hey guys! Tonight I'm squeezing this mani in just at the last second! Better late than never, right?! It was my day off, so I wanted to spend most of it relaxing and doing fun things, and editing pictures didn't sound that fun when there were video games to be played! But, I finally got it done - so here it is! My New Year's nails!


All nails have a base color of OPI Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow, which was a gift from the lovely Sharra over at The Blahg! She is wonderful and so is this color!! Seriously, it's amazing. It will have it's own swatch post up here shortly because it deserves a post of its own! :)

On top of Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow, I added several things that remind me of New Year's. My thumb and pinky are two different takes on confetti - the thumb is two coats of one of my polish creations (Trix & Treats Lacquers) called Wrong in All the Right Ways, and the pinky is just little dashes made by several different striping brushes. My index is supposed to be my attempt at fireworks, lol - it failed miserably. For my middle finger I dabbed on China Glaze Glistening Snow and Angel Wings, to show the glitz associated with the new year. Then of course, a 13 for 2013!! :)


I don't think I've mentioned it here, but I have a Taylor Swift obsession, so I liked walking around with a 13 on lol. :)



What do you think of my New Year's nails? Do you have any plans for New Year's?? I'd love to hear about them below! :D I will be working, but I plan to bring some supplies to work and do my residents' nails!

Kelly

7 comments:

  1. Beyawesome! They are very sparkly and in-yo-face, which is exactly what New Year's makes me think of! All my plans fell through and I'm not a big party person so I feel like I'll be with my boy-toy in the basement watching silly movies =] It's great that you're sharing your nail-talent around, I'm sure your residents will loooove all of it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful manicure. Happy New Year full of success :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3