Saturday, March 15, 2014

Liquid Sky Lacquer: Kiss Me I'm Irish

Hi everyone! If you are celebrating St. Paddy's tonight, I hope you are being safe and have a DD! It gets crazy here in Dayton...I am not partaking this year, 1 because I'm working haha, but also because it is a little much for me anymore. I think I am getting old! Last year, we paid $10 cover just to stand in a seriously overcrowded tent to wait in line forever to drink seriously overpriced green beer, and then someone vomited on our feet. NO thank you, haha!

One thing I am NOT too old for - is St. Patrick's Day themed polishes! I am an Irish girl through and through and am very proud of my heritage. So, I was super excited to try this thermal from Liquid Sky Lacquer
Kiss Me, I'm Irish is the perfect polish for St. Paddy's. You know it has to be green at some point - that's when it's cold. But then when it's warm, it turns a gorgeous shimmery gold - like the leprechaun's pot of gold! :)


This polish was very quick to change back, I think I had the heat up too high in my house lol. I ran to the bathroom, ran my hands under cold water, and hurried up and tried to snap pictures before it changed too much. I probably looked like a crazy person haha! I wish you could see it when it really is freezing cold. It's much closer to the color in the bottle, a gorgeous deep Kelly green with loads of gold shimmer.


Here's a shot where it is mostly cold but starting to warm up on the nail beds.


And these next two shots show what the manicure looked like most of the time. My nails beds pretty much stayed gold while the tips turned green. It's like a French manicure in a bottle - perfect! I feel like if you're going out for St. Patrick's Day, all you have to do is slap this on and it looks like you did a lot more work than you really did. I've found that friends, coworkers, and acquaintances (even strangers!) are fascinated by thermals and I get tons of compliments on these!



And lastly, here is the best shot I could get of the warm state where the polish was gold. I think the breeze from running to the window from the bathroom with wet nails is what cooled down the tips! But you get the idea. Bottom line is, the polish is stunning no matter what temperature your nails are! :)


As far as formula goes, this was great! It's somewhat like a jelly in that it goes on a bit sheer when your nails are warm. The gold state does show some VNL, but it didn't bother me. When your nails get cold or even in transition states where the nail bed is gold and the tips are green, you can't see VNL at all. I used three coats and I felt like that was plenty enough coverage for me. I used HK Girl topcoat to finish it off! :)

So, what do you think of this polish? I have been so impressed with my new pretties from Liquid Sky Lacquer, this is certainly not the last you will see of them on the blog! Be sure to follow Liquid Sky Lacquer to keep up to date on restocks and new shades. She has some gorgeous new ones out for spring!!

Thanks for looking!
<3 Kelly

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3