Friday, March 21, 2014

Model City Polish: Sunday Morning and Punk Rock Princess

Hi everyone! First of all, I'm sorry this post is so late! I totally intended to put it up this afternoon, but it's been the day from hell. I was super excited to see the Divergent premiere tonight, but I had to miss it because our stupid downstairs neighbors caught their oven on fire and we had to evacuate the building - right when I was supposed to be getting ready to leave! GAH! It was so tough getting the cats into carriers and rushing outside, but I went into autopilot mode when I saw all that smoke. If that wasn't bad enough, our entire apartment smells like smoke, and I just tripped and fell on my face in my living room. What a day!

Now, on to the pretties! One of my all-time favorite indie makers/bloggers, Nina of Model City Polish, recently sent me two of her new spring polishes that will be going on sale on March 22nd at 12pm CST. I am so excited to share these with you! She has a new shop which you can view by clicking here. There is already an awesome Resident Evil collection up that she released recently...you can peruse that while waiting for these two lovelies to go live!

First up is Sunday Morning. It's a white crelly (needless to say I'm already in love) with multi-colored pastel dots. This just screams Easter to me, but it's great for spring in general too.


I used three coats of Sunday Morning alone for this mani. One coat of Seche Vite to top it off and everything was completely flat. No glitters poking out. This polish felt like a ready-made jelly sandwich! I love how you can see the dots standing out in various degrees with each coat. It gives the mani a wonderful depth! Formula was perfect as usual. Super easy to work with, I experienced no issues like clumping glitter, patchiness or streakiness. Coverage was great in 3 coats. :)





Now, we've done the pastel thing. Are you ready for something more edgy!? World, meet Punk Rock Princess!

This polish is so ME! As soon as Nina showed it to me, I felt it calling to me and I'm so glad that she sent it along! I knew from the moment I saw it that I wanted to layer it over gray. This combination reminds me so much of my high school self. I felt like I was a punk rocker, haha! And I definitely wore the pink and black and doodled nautical stars on my notebooks and on my converse.


While Nina's inspiration was something totally different, I wanted to share my interpretation of this polish. Every time I looked at it, or even while I was editing these photos, the song Punk Rock Princess by Something Corporate pops into my head and will not get out!! I'm definitely not complaining...but add that to the list of why this polish brings me back to high school me. I love that nostalgic feeling and it's so great when a polish can bring that out. :)


I used just one coat of Punk Rock Princess over China Glaze Elephant Walk. I used one coat of Gelous and one coat of Seche Vite just in case the edges of the stars decided to be pokey, but they didn't give me any trouble! I initially did this mani and used two coats of Punk Rock Princess, but you really don't need the second coat and the polish is so packed full of glitter that it actually looks better in just one coat. No fishing necessary, I got plenty of stars without even trying. I love the teensy little holographic glitters in this, it's so pretty when the sun catches them!



So there you have it - my review of two more wonderful Model City Polishes! Nina continues to amaze - I have yet to try a polish of hers that I don't LOVE, and I seriously doubt it could ever happen! These two are great, fun blends for spring. Be sure to check out Nina's NEW shop by clicking here, and make sure you set an alarm - this spring collection releases March 22nd at 12pm CST!

Thanks for looking!
<3 Kelly

5 comments:

  1. I love Sunday Morning, it looks like such a great color with all those glitters. Pink Rock Princess is very edgy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about what happened to you, it matters that no one get hurt! Thank you that in these conditions you showed us these two amazing polishes, love them both. Try to have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words! That's true, I am very thankful that no one got hurt, and that I just happened to be home to get my fur babies out safely! :)

      Delete
  3. What fun glitters! Sunday Morning is especially appealing right now, as I am super ready for spring to get here already.

    Sorry about the fire but glad you and yours are okay!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3