Thursday, March 6, 2014

Liquid Sky Lacquers: 24 Karat Rose

Hello loves. I have a ridiculously amazing polish from Liquid Sky Lacquer to share with you today. I know I am probably the absolute last person to jump on the thermal bandwagon, but let me just say - I am never jumping off! While I wore Carolyn's polishes, I found myself constantly staring at my nails like they were doing tricks. Well, they kinda were haha. 
I tried my best to capture all the glory in her thermals, but it was difficult. You've got your warm state, your cold state, and all the millions of transitional states, so it's a lot to try to capture. But, I did my best.

Today, let's look at 24 Karat Rose. I had seen so many stunning photos of this one, I knew I had to have it! Here is a shot of both extreme states of the polish: cold on the left and warm on the right.


The cold state is a gorgeous bright almost neon pink with strong gold shimmer. My camera freaked out a bit in the lightbox for this first photo, but the one after is pretty true to color. I took that one in my car when it was ten degrees outside lol - the cold is real!



When it's warm, the polish turns a gorgeous shimmery gold. The shimmer that you can see shining through the pink polish when it's cold. I ended up using three coats and you could still see VNL because my nails are so long and also stained. 3 coats would probably be plenty to cover VNL if your nails aren't stained! :)


And with flash to show off that shimmer. Just wow......


While this polish is amazing in both it's extreme states, I have to say that when it was transitioning, I found it most beautiful. This first photo is with flash to capture all that shimmer!!



This last photo is what the mani looked like most of the time. After I had been in the house or my office for a while, it would turn all gold, or after I had been outside for a while, it would turn all pink. But, most of the time, my tips stayed pink and the nail beds, warmed up by my body heat, stayed gold. I just think it's so fascinating haha sorry for the ramblings!


So, what do you think of this polish!? Are you as amazed by it as I am?? Be sure to check out my Instagram for videos of the color changing action when I ran the mani under hot and water. :)
And be sure to follow Liquid Sky Lacquer for info about her next restock! :)

<3 Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Great shade! Love how it goes from a bright shade to a neutral one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kind of colour changing products, they are quite special, but this one is more than fabulous. First I love the red shade with the golden shimmer, it is sexy and bright and after that it changes to the light nude that is classy and elegant, well it is surprising! Great swatch!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3