Saturday, December 1, 2012

Let it Snow Challenge: Day 1 - Snowflakes

Hey everyone! Today I'm so excited because I'm starting the Let it Snow Challenge with a group of wonderful ladies I've gotten to know throughout the Autumn Challenge I did. Our group is now known as the Nail Challenge Collaborative :D Here's a lot at what this particular challenge is all about:


As you can see, the first day is Snowflakes!! I have to admit, I wasn't excited about this one because I thought, snowflakes are too hard and I don't have any snowflake stamps! But, I did some googling and I came across an adorable design by The Nailasaurus that I thought I could try to recreate.

My inspiration - done by Sammy at The Nailasaurus
I decided not to do the snowman but to do an accent nail with my favorite thing - glitter! I recently picked up Finger Paints Santa's Magic, and I thought it looked kinda snowy. Here are my snowflake nails! :)

Snowflake nails
I used NYC Skin Tight Denim as a base color, and I dabbed just a bit of sparkle at the tips using Nubar Star Sparkles. I freehanded the snowflakes using a white striping brush from LA Colors, and the accent nails are one coat of Finger Paints Santa's Magic. I topped it off with one coat of Seche Vite, then I stuck on little clear rhinestones using Cina Bonder. :)

Snowflake nails
Snowflake nails close up!
Snowflake nails
Macro of Santa's Magic
Snowflake nails
Snowflake nails
Snowflake nails
Overall, I'm REALLY happy with how these turned out! My pinky is a little rough because the striping brush is just not thin enough for such a small nail, but aside from that, I surprised myself! They came out better than I expected. :) Don't forget to check out the other ladies' of the Nail Challenge Collaborative!!

<3 Kelly


3 comments:

  1. You ALWAYS have the PERFECT glitter to accent your art!! How do you do it? >_< Loveeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the tips are sparkly, & I love Santa's Magic!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3