Monday, December 3, 2012

Pahlish - Your Possible Heart

Well, everyone, I am ecstatic to announce that this week is "Pahlish week" on Nails for the Sake of Sanity!! I had been drooling over Pahlish for a while, but when I realized that they had an entire collection of polishes inspired by and named after songs by one of my favorite bands/artists (Bright Eyes) I just couldn't resist. I bought the set as a Halloween present to myself and I could not be happier. Pahlish has become one of my favorite brands, and one Pahlish has even taken up the place of my ALLTIME FAVORITE nail polish - more on that later.

Today I have for you the first of five beauties from Pahlish's Collage of Senselessness collection - Your Possible Heart. 

The description of the polish includes the lyric the name came from, from the song Landlocked Blues:
"A good woman will pick you apart. A box full of suggestions for your possible heart. But you may be offended and you may be afraid. But don't walk away, don't walk away."

As well as a description of the polish itself:
"Intense pink micro flakies, fuchsia holo and orange micro glitter, tiny purple hex and small purple squares, round fuchsia dots all in a ruby-raspberry jelly base."


I have to be honest, I thought this was going to look awful with my skin tone. This was the one I was least excited about in the collection. But you know the saying, don't judge a book by its cover? Yeah, that.


Bottle shot
Label shot

Just look at this macro! What the heck was I thinking?! Stunning.

Macro shot
And now, what you came here for - the nails! I just realized I have no pictures of my thumb here, lol. Promise I have one.

The following photos show 3 juicy coats of Your Possible Heart with NO undies. Yes, you read that correctly. 

Sorry for the cat hair on my middle finger, lol!
Pahlish Your Possible Heart
Here's a photo in the shade - I think this sort of lighting really makes certain colors of the glitter pop out, like the purple!

In shade
In sunlight - check out the holographic particles on the pinky!
I love this next shot, in certain angles, the holographic glitters stood out in such a breathtaking way! I was staring at my nails while tilting them around all day, I probably looked certifiable.

Pahlish Your Possible Heart at an angle
Pahlish Your Possible Heart
This was my first ever experience with Pahlish, and I was pleasantly surprised. The formula was flawless, even with how packed full of glitter this was. You would expect it to be chunky or difficult to work with, but it wasn't at all. The jelly base was surprisingly pigmented, and you get full coverage with no VNL in 3 coats. I topped off with one coat of Seche Vite and I felt nothing sticking up. Perfect, smooth, glossy finish :) I definitely recommend this beauty to any of you who are a fan of berry-like pinks! This one even felt like it could work for the holidays! :)

Check out :

Pahlish retails for $9 per 15mL bottle. They have a holiday collection out for the 12 Days of Christmas that I *almost* don't want to tell you about because I want them ALL for myself. Seriously, Three French Hens is unreal. Just go look before I change my mind... ;)

Love you all! Thanks for looking <3


Kelly


This polish was purchased by me. I am not being compensated in any way for this post. This review is a statement of my honest opinion of these products, based on experience. For further information, please see my Disclosure Statement.

11 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! AND SHE HAS PORTAL POLISH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this one is beautiful Kelly! Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so GORGEOUS!!!! I love the color in the shade too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veyr pretty polish, plus it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful glitter polish

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been searching for Pahlish's 12 Days. I will never find them all, but what I am reeeeaaaally looking for is Four Colly Birds. Is there any chance you would sell/swap your bottle?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3