Saturday, February 16, 2013

Let it Snow Challenge: Day 12 - Winter Wonderland

Hello all! Today I've got my Winter Wonderland nails for the Let it Snow Challenge! I'll be completely honest, nothing came to mind when I thought "Winter Wonderland." Back to my trusty Google search, and voila! I found inspiration!


All credit for this design goes to Nails by Kayla Shevonne, who I totally thought I was following and apparently I wasn't!? What gives, Blogger? Anyway, follow her if you don't already - she's fabulous. So, I tried to recreate her design as best I could, because to me, it just screams Winter Wonderland. I didn't have exactly the right colors, so mine is a slightly darker version. Here it is!


For the gradient I used: NYC Skin Tight Denim Creme, Milani Sail Away and China Glaze For Audrey (though this one kinda got lost under the snowdrifts). Then I freehanded the snowdrifts and dotted the snowflakes using Sinful Colors Snow Me White. For the trees I used Stripe Rite striping brushes in white and navy. Topped with 1 coat of HK Girl and done! :)


I accidentally smudged the snowflakes on my index finger with the topcoat, but I was more careful after that!



Overall, I really like how these turned out! This is the sort of scene I envision when I think of a Winter Wonderland. Not to mention, this was super easy to recreate. :)

What do you think of this design? What do you picture when you think of a Winter Wonderland?? I'd love to hear below! <3

Kelly
 

3 comments:

  1. This is SO beautiful and perfect for a winter wonderland manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is really beautiful! It's the perfect wintry mani! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job recreating this!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3