Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pokemon Challenge: Flying Type

Hi guys! Today I've got my Pokemon Challenge nails to share with you - this week features Flying Type! I picked Farfetch'd, because I think he's the cutest. I actually learned something when looking at pictures for reference for this mani - I never knew what he was holding. I always thought it was a stick or something, but I found out it's a leek or green onion! I thought that was cute, until I read that he carries it because it is a garnish he will be cooked with. Poor guy...
So, with that in mind, here's my Farfetch'd mani!




My index and pinky are gradients meant to look like the leek that he holds! I used NYC High Line Green, Sally Hansen Limestone, and Milani White on the Spot for the gradient. Farfetch'd's body and the background for the ring finger are Nicole by OPI My Jay or the Highway. The ring finger is meant to look like his eyebrow! I used a striping brush in black for the details on my middle finger and thumb. The Farfetch'd on my middle finger turned out a bit too chubby, oops!







I accidentally smudged the thumb with the topcoat, which made me SO angry! This mani took me forever lol, so I was anxious to put top coat on and ensure I didn't nick it, and in the process, smudged it! GRR! Other than that, I was really proud of this one. It took a lot of work, and I was happy to see that you could actually tell what it was when I was finished. :)

I'd love to hear your thoughts below! <3
Kelly

6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing - your details are so clean and crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always felt so bad for Farfetch'd because of the reason he carries his leak! Poor guy, he's so cute! You did an amazing job, and that gradient is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these, especially your leek nails - very clever and beautifully done as always! jealous! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. omggg I'm SOOOO loving this pokemon series! You're soooo good at freehanding <333

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is so cute! Your freehand is AMAZING! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3