Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pokemon Challenge: Water Type

Hey guys. Let me just start by saying that I'm not super proud of this week's nails. I had a vision in my head and it just didn't come out looking as cool as it did in my head. Anyway - this week's theme for the Pokemon  Challenge is Water Type - and I chose Staryu and Starmie. Here's the photo I used for inspiration!


I've never been a big fan of Water types, probably because I'm so into Fire types, but I do think these two look pretty cool! Here's my interpretation of Staryu and Starmie!




I used a base of Wet n Wild I Need a Refresh-mint for all the nails, and the glitter I used is Chirality Neptunus, which I just got today and LOVE! I tried to pick colors that were fairly close to the Pokemon, but once I edited photos, I realized Staryu is too light and it kind of all blends together. Meh :/ Oh well - I will try harder next week! I used gems that I bought from Sally's to finish the look. :)



What do you think of these nails? Not my favorite but not my worst either, I think! Definitely check out the other ladies' nails too! :)
Kelly

16 comments:

  1. The gems are a great effect ! I think you did great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job and I think the color is fine.. doesn't blend too much! That glitter is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! The lighting in my lightbox made it look worse than it was I think :) And I LOVE that glitter too!

      Delete
  3. I love the gems! Such a great idea... Maybe it could be a bit more polished (lol), but it is so cute nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that little Staryu on all my nails right now!
    its sooo cute!
    these are great!
    :-)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are way too hard on yourself--these are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Elizabeth, I do that sometimes! I'm definitely my worst critic, haha! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  6. I die <3

    Staryu is my fave out of your nails actually because i love the colour polish youve used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how perfect you got the star shape! And I'm getting jealous of all the glitter you're getting to use AND and I agree with everyone else, those gems ROCK.

    I never have any idea what you're talking about when you critique your nails btw. I can most definitely see that Staryu and it looks as happy as a Staryu can! =D

    <3!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did a pokemon mani a while back :) You take this to another level :) AWESOME

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3