Monday, February 18, 2013

OPI Liquid Sand - Can't Let Go and Stay the Night

Hi loves, Happy Monday! I'm posting this from work, so not super happy at the moment but I will be at 8 am when I can go to bed! Today I have some swatches that have been sitting in my drafts for a while and I think they need to see the light of day. They are two of the OPI Liquid Sands, Can't Let Go and Stay the Night. 
I was super intrigued as soon as I saw these polishes, and I knew I had to have them all. These two were the ones that jumped out at me most, so they were the first ones I swatched. First up is Can't Let Go. It's a textured purple polish with microglitter as well as larger hexes, that dries to a gritty finish. This is (I believe) 2 coats with no topcoat. 




Ahh, this was also the last mani I did before my pinky nail snapped off and I had to cut down to nubs! :( I miss my long nails!



Honestly, the texture didn't bother me as much as I expected. I'll be honest, I'm a "picker"...I have a hard time with glitters that don't lay flat or just when polish doesn't feel smooth, so I thought I'd be picking it off out of habit, but I didn't. Actually, I just kept feeling my nails lol, I probably looked like a crazy person! These polishes also have a surprisingly long wear-time, especially when you consider that they are worn without topcoat, which usually prolongs a mani. I had no chipping at all for 3 days, which is when I took them off...and in the removal process, I broke off my pinky nail, ugh!

Anyway, next up is Stay the Night. This one was hands down, my favorite of the four. I read somewhere that it looks like molten lava, and I could not agree more. The polish is black based, with little sparkly red microglitters. Just amazing! This is 2 generous coats, no topcoat.





In the shade, you can really see how the red glitters sparkle! I got SO many compliments on this when I wore it. Definitely one of my favorite polishes of 2012.


Overall, I was incredibly impressed with these. Formula was wonderful, and I had no issues whatsoever. I thought given the texture and the grittiness, application might be difficult, and I might get clumping or dragging. I experienced NONE of that. The only thing I would caution with application is that due to the type of glitter, this polish can be tricky to remove. So, if you're one of those people (like me) who doesn't always apply polish perfectly, but go back in with a brush and acetone to clean up around the cuticles, you might have a hard time making it look neat. I found it was easier to just be super careful when applying to make sure you avoid the cuticle and get a nice rounded gap near the cuticle line. I didn't end up doing this perfectly, but it was much easier than the alternative!

What do you think of the Liquid Sand polishes? Can you stand the texture or are you a "picker?" Which color is your favorite of these? I'd love to hear below <3

Kelly

These products were purchased by me, and this review reflects my honest opinions. I am not being compensated in any way for this post. Please see my Disclosure Statement for further information.

1 comment:

  1. These are cool! I ordered the Zoya Pixie Dust collection today and I am super excited to get them =D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3