Monday, February 25, 2013

Pokemon Challenge: Normal Type

Hello, loves! Posting a little late with this one, but better late than never, right? This week's Pokemon theme was Normal type. I had a few different ideas for this one, but ultimately decided to go with Clefairy. This isn't a Pokemon I really like or use...like, at all haha. But, last year when I was playing White, I ran into my first ever shiny! And it was a Clefairy! I have never gotten into all that crazy soft reset business or the different "methods" to somehow get shinies, and I really don't understand it at all. But, by pure luck, I actually got 2 on my White version - the Clefairy and a Pupitar. So anyway, I decided to do a Clefairy to honor my first shiny! :)




I painted a few different expressions that the Clefairy might be feeling! He's smiling, winking, and the last one is sticking his tongue out! My ring finger is a sort of abstract take on what his ears look like. I just thought it was pretty! I was inspired by my recent Sinful Colors purchases, and all but one of the polishes used here are Sinfuls. The brown is China Glaze Mahogany Magic. I used a few different sized striping brushes and dotting tools for the details.  Topped it off with 2 coats of Seche Vite to make sure everything was completely smooth.




What do you think of these? I wasn't super happy with how they came out...it just didn't end up being my favorite - but everyone else came up with some really cool ideas! Go see :)

Kelly

6 comments:

  1. love it.. this made me laugh for some reason :) I've yet to see any shinies in Black so far. I was starting to think they didn't exist in black

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! I was starting to think they didn't exist at all, after 8 years or so lol :)

      Delete
  2. now all I want to do is play some Black!

    love these theyre really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, did I tell you how much I love your pokemon mani's? This one is no exception! You're sooo talented <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you did! I'm so glad you appreciate them - I'm having a lot of fun with them! Thank you!

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3