Friday, February 8, 2013

Pokemon Challenge: Bug Type

Hey everyone! Today I've got my Bug-Type nails for the Pokemon Challenge! 
I had a hard time picking a Pokemon for this week because I almost never....actually, no - NEVER use bug Pokemon lol. They just have too many weaknesses for me. I ended up settling on one that I think looks pretty cool - Pinsir!



I was looking through my Helmer, and found a shade that looked just like Pinsir's shell to me! Sally Hansen Greige Gardens. I used a base of that for the index, ring, and pinky fingers. It took 3 coats to reach full opacity. My thumb is Milani Black Swift, and my middle finger is 3 coats of Sally Hansen Limestone. I used my Stripe Rite stripers in white and black to draw on the teeth (thumb) the stripes (representing his body - index and pinky), and the eyes (ring). I used the same colors for my middle finger, with the addition of Sally Hansen Silver Sweep for his horns and claws.







What do you think of Pinsir?? It's not perfect, but I thought it still ended up looking pretty cool! I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, Pinsir is adorable! And btw, I'm loving the background for your blog! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bug Pokemon are definitely the worst, but I love your nails here! You captured the essence of Pinsir perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Pinsir, it looks cool (and also a little bit frightening...)! And you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Really loving Sally Hansen Greige Gardens too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3