Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Chirality Nail Polish - Cereal Killer Collection

Hey guys! Today I've got some Chirality swatches that are long overdue! I bought these polishes literally as soon as I heard about them. I had never owned any Chirality polishes and I was definitely impressed. This is the Cereal Killer Collection, and I'll be showing you all four.
First of all, let me just say that apparently there was some drama surrounding this collection because of the names and the original descriptions that were posted. My perspective? I think it was incredibly creative and I think the puns are funny. In no way am I making light of what happened to victims of these killers, and neither is the creator of Chirality, I just think the play on serial/cereal is cute- the polishes look like cereal in milk! I think some people may have misunderstood her and taken offense - which never occurred to me until I heard the angry comments. I guess what I'm saying is that I think these polishes are really pretty and the inspiration was creative and unique. Now onto the swatches!

All photos show 2 coats of each polish over a white creme, with a coat of Poshe over top. They can be built up to opacity if you choose, though. I had no issues with formula, everything applied evenly. The only thing I should mention, though, is that the humongous glitters might stick up a bit with regular topcoat. I would recommend 2 coats of Seche Vite or a topcoat like Glitter Food to smooth everything out.

First up is Bundy Berries. I like that she includes little stories with each polish description! Here's what Amanda had to say about this one:

"The woman awoke to the sound of her TV in the living room. She turned to look at her alarm clock. 8:30 in the morning. She knew it was him, the love of her life. She got up to use the restroom, make her side of the bed and quietly made her way towards him, hoping to surprise him. As she walked in, she noticed his eyes were glued to the TV watching cartoons, unaware of her presence. She rolled her eyes and sat on the floor next to her son, who looked up and her and kissed her on the lips. She picked up his bowl of unfinished Boo Berries he forgot about and began eating it while watching cartoons with him. It was little things like this that she would never forget.

This polish has a white base with various sizes and colors of blue glitter. It is 3-free with 4 stainless steel mixing balls. Larger sized glitter may require some extra patience retrieving them from the bottle. Due to the size of some glitters, settling may occur. Turning the bottle upside down for a few minutes and then shaking prior to application will help.
For opacity, the polish may require up to three coats."




Next up is Special BTK.
"As she poured her Special K cereal into her bowl, our seemingly bored housewife pulled up her laptop and begin connecting with the fellow neighborhood ladies to organize another HOA meeting. The group chat was harmless at first until our bored housewife's dark side took over; a side any normal person would fear greatly. Soon, this new dark force began calling her female legion to arms, thus becoming an army hellbent on destroying one lone heroine by uncovering deadly secrets that go back decades. They do not understand her differences which they fear greatly and now they must take her down. Will she be able to rise above this army of vicious female soldiers, these troll marauders, these desperate housewives? Their leader is prepared to do battle....right after she's done with breakfast.

This polish has a white base with various sizes and colors of red glitter. It is 3-free with 4 stainless steel mixing balls. Larger sized glitter may require some extra patience retrieving them from the bottle. Due to the size of some glitters, settling may occur. Turning the bottle upside down for a few minutes and then shaking prior to application will help.
For opacity, the polish may require up to three coats."





And now for my two favorites! First, Raisin Gein. This one arrived slightly open from shipping so a minimal amount of polish had spilled out onto the threading and outside of the bottle. I let Amanda know about it just so she was aware, and she gave me a refund for half the polish! Talk about great customer service! Here's the story for this shade:
"When she woke, her head immediately started hurting. Too much alcohol she thought to herself, then looked over to see him still sleeping. She quietly snuck out of his bed and made her way through his house in hopes of finding his kitchen and perhaps something to eat. She opened the pantry to discover some expired chips, dried out peanut butter, and a half-eaten box of Raisin Bran. She blew a sigh of disappointment, rolled her eyes and grabbed the cereal. She made her way to the fridge only to discover there was no milk. Awesome, she thought.

This polish has a white base with various sizes and colors of purple glitter. It is 3-free with 4 stainless steel mixing balls. Larger sized glitter may require some extra patience retrieving them from the bottle. Due to the size of some glitters, settling may occur. Turning the bottle upside down for a few minutes and then shaking prior to application will help. 
For opacity, the polish may require up to three coats."




And my absolute favorite of the bunch, Dahmer Crunch. That's why there's so many photos of this one. This is just absolutely gorgeous!
The little story is missing for this one on the site - the description was a repeat of Raisin Gein, lol. But, I can tell you that it's a white base with black glitters and little micro holographic glitters. This one seems more packed with glitter than the others.







I tried upping the brightness of this one just a bit on Pixlr, since this polish in the lightbox seemed to look a bit underexposed. It didn't totally work, lol but the following photo is a bit closer to what it actually looked like in real life.


I absolutely adore this entire collection, and I've worn them all several times since I bought them! My first experience with Chirality was absolutely a positive one. Shipping was amazingly fast, prices are really reasonable, and the polishes are gorgeous. I can't wait to try more of them, especially the holos!

Check out Chirality here:
Chirality on Etsy
Chirality on Big Cartel
Chirality on Facebook

Let me know what you think of these! Which is your favorite?
<3
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Arent these polishes awesome! I bought them the minute they were available. I thought they were hilarious I was so surprised by the backlash. Either way they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love loved em, and I loved your swatches! I was totally thrown off by the backlash too lol...it just didn't occur to me! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a mega serial killer fanatic so the names alone make these a must!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this post??? These serial killers are FASCINATING. I took a Criminology class actually and my professor had met Ed Gein and said he was the "nicest little man". Bundy Berries is the last one right? I love the brand name too! Back to good old o-chem haha.

    I can understand people being a little taken aback by the names but the amount of vitriol that gets thrown aroun over polish is ridiculous. I'm glad it didn't turn you off from these!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3