Monday, March 25, 2013

Review: Born Pretty Store Rhinestones

Happy Monday everyone!! I'm finally back to my old work schedule so I'm hoping to get back to a little normalcy. This switching back and forth has been killing me, so I'm excited. I have lots of backlogged posts to show you, so here goes!
Today I've got a review to share with you. A while back, I was contacted by the wonderful Daisy of Born Pretty Store, and asked to review some products, to which of course I said YES!! I love Born Pretty Store, their prices are awesome and you can't beat free shipping. Not to mention, they have some of the coolest supplies for nail art around. One of the items I picked was this really great rhinestone wheel!


I did these nails around Valentine's Day, so I wanted to try something soft and pretty. I started off with two shades from the Pure Ice Velour collection, Grunge and Temptress (accent). This is two coats of each with no topcoat. LOVE the formula on these, it's just perfect!



Then, I chose two shades of rhinestones that matched somewhat with the base colors. For the pink ones, I used a small dab of nail glue to attach the single rhinestones. For the accent nail, I painted on one coat of Gelous and hand placed each rhinestone to cover the nail. I liked this a lot - it felt very "blingy" lol, which is not necessarily always me. They are also not the most practical, although the rhinestones did last longer than I expected! But I feel like these would be great for an event!




Of course, the boyfriend had to say my accent nail looked like a Dalek. Can't say I disagree, but that wasn't my intent haha!
The verdict:
I was really impressed with the quality of these rhinestones, especially for the price. This wheel retails for $3.33, with free shipping of course. BUT, if you use my discount code, you save another 10%, making this product only $3. The code is at the bottom of the post, and that image will take you to the website!! In my opinion, that's a steal. It comes with all the colors you see above - 12 in all. The lid on the wheel swivels so you can easily select just the color you want. I used a set of tweezers to pick up the rhinestones one by one, and it was super easy to get them to lay where I wanted them to. My favorite part about these is probably the versatility. You could create so many great looks with these. I tried to show off one very subtle look, and one very over the top look - and there are so many in betweens!

I'd love to hear what you think of these nails! Do you have these rhinestones? What kinds of looks would you create with them?? <3
Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3