Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lasers!

Hello lovelies! Today in Ohio, most everyone is snowed in and everything is closed down...yet I will still be going to work! Unfortunately for me, shelters don't close - ever - so we don't get snow days. So, I'm up and moving, getting ready for work, and I thought I'd post a mani from my Drafts folder. This one has just been waiting patiently to get shown off. Lately, this winter weather has been really bringing me down, so this mani is perfect for lifting my spirits! I used bright neons and a holographic accent to create lasers! :)

For this mani, I used all polishes sent to me by my wonderful friend Sharra of The Blahg! Sharra and I did a swap, and she sent me a TON of polishes from Essence and GOSH, that we don't have here. Here's the first step of the mani I came up with.


This is Essence L.O.L. and GOSH Holographic Hero. Holy cow, the holo in this is strong. These pictures weren't even taken in sunlight!! (Because there wasn't any)



Then, I used striping tape to create "laser" patterns and painted over the green with Essence Let's Get Lost. I LOVE how it turned out!!






What do you think of this mani? I felt like it was super fun and the perfect cure for the blah winter weather!! I'd love to hear your thoughts below <3

Kelly

6 comments:

  1. love this! i remember living in ohio and the whole world shutting down when it snowed. it was so weird because i was from california and had no idea they did that in places. now i live in the south where we hardly ever get snow so when we do, everything shuts down here too and i just laugh because i think of ohio snow and how it was like 1000 times worse there. they cant handle it down here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so true. I went to undergrad in the snow belt of NW PA so when I got down to Dayton and saw people freaking out over a couple inches I laughed at them too....now after living here 3 years I think I've become one of them haha!

      Delete
  2. Great color choices for this snowy day. How much did y'all end up with over there? In my area of Fairfield County, we just got some ground cover, but my goodness the rain. Made for lots of messy roads this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we got about 3-5 inches Angela! The roads are awful in Dayton, I swear they don't know how to plow/salt properly! The freezing rain has been the worst - under all this snow is a layer of ice from the rain so it's very slippery out!

      Delete
  3. This is an awesome colour combo and I'm miffed I didn't think of it first ;p I'm glad you like the colours! I'm slowly getting through my ENORMOUS-OMFG box from you too =D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3