Thursday, March 28, 2013

Digital Nails - Serenity

Hi, it's me, Kelly. I don't really know what to say for this one. I've got a beautiful polish to share with you today, and I kinda just wanna let it speak for itself. Meet Digital Nails - Serenity.



Here's the description that's posted on the website:
"This jewel-toned beauty is made with color shifting glitter and goes from magenta to teal depending on the angle at which it is viewed. The color shift effect works in any lighting, not just sunshine. I can't help but stare at my hands when I wear this polish, and no matter what you do, no photos can do it justice. The bottle is15ml, and as always, my polishes are 3 free, which means I don't use any ingredients that contain toluene, formaldehyde, or dibutyl phthalate. 

If you are a Joss Whedon fan, you'll know the name Serenity is inspired by the star ship in the television series (that was cancelled way before it had a chance to thrive) Firefly, and the follow up film, Serenity. The series has since developed a cult following - with hordes of lifelong fans, disgruntled by the abrupt and unnatural ending. It really does have everything you could want - drama, comedy, wonderfully clever writing, it oozes with cheeky camp and sexual tension. You care about the good guys, and you love to hate the bad ones. It holds a very special place in my little nerdy heart. If you haven't seen it, you can check it out on Netflix, which I highly suggest. After all, you know what they say about space cowboys. ;-)"





My boyfriend could probably explain that space cowboy joke, but all I can tell you is the only episode I ever watched with him....all I remember is Christina Hendricks and boobs. And I don't even think that was Serenity, I think that was Firefly, but I sorta think of them as one and the same. Don't kill me, Serenity/Firefly fans! The polish is what sold this one for me, not the inspiration. Okay, just keep looking!


It's like, every different way you hold your fingers, you get a totally different polish. I LOVE that! No way for it to get boring. Here I'm showing 2 coats of Serenity over a plain black creme, with a coat of HK Girl over it. 



You can see what I mean about the color-shift in this next photo. It looks completely blue/teal.



Here you start to see the shift to pink and purple, especially in my index finger, which is most angled. This next series of photos show me angling more and more to really show the color-shift.



The index looks almost garnet at an extreme angle like in this next one!




Oh my goodness, I just seriously love this polish. This is my first and only Digital Nails purchase, but I can guarantee you it won't be my last. I've already got my eye on some of the other color-shifting glitter toppers like this one. It was a bit more expensive than a typical polish at $14 for a full size bottle, but in my opinion it's worth it. I can honestly say that I don't own anything like this in my collection (and I have a lot)! I highly recommend checking out Digital Nails at the following links:


And as always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this polish below! <3
Kelly

10 comments:

  1. OMG this nail polish is so wonderful! I'll see if they ship to France...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, please please please PLEASE PLEASE sit down and watch Firefly!!! You will LOVE it, I promise! I saw the name "Serenity" on this polish and I thought, "No way!" YES WAY. I want this =D And I want you to watch Firefly. Don't worry about the movie Serenity, I refuse to accept it as canon. Serenity was the name of the spaceship in Firefly, and Firefly itself refers to the model of the spaceship. The reason we're talking space cowboys is because the crew is smugglers running illegal cargo under the authority's nose, making it a kind of sci-fi western. It is fantastic! *ramble*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I promise I will watch it! My boyfriend loved your ramble and totally agrees with the whole thing. <3

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring my polish on your blog! Your swatches are gorgeous & you captured the color shift really well!
    On a side note, Firefly is in my opinion some of the very best 10 & 1/2 hours of television ever created & I think you should just carve out some time and watch it from the beginning. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the swatches! After some comments like these, I will have to take the time to watch it!! Besides, I loved Buffy so if it's Joss Whedon, I should be safe. Thanks so much for the comments and for making beautiful polishes!

      Delete
  4. Oooh how pretty is this!? I love the color shift in there! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3