Sunday, March 10, 2013

Let it Snow Challenge: Day 15 - Longing for Summer

Good morning! I hope you are all doing well on this beautiful Sunday! I'm just super excited because I see SUN and it's going to be in the 50's in Ohio today. :)

So, how fitting that this week's theme is Longing for Summer! I totally am - I love summer! I wanted to do something using the dried flowers I got from Born Pretty Store, and something bright and fun to represent summer. 



I used Sation - Chatty Catty as a base (I don't really understand the name...). It's a lovely neon coral creme that dried to almost a matte finish. This is the second polish I've tried from Sation and my experiences were night and day. The first one I used was a navy blue that was watery, thin, and stained horribly. This one was a dream! Application was smooth and easy, and it was opaque in 2 coats. Then, I applied my topcoat (HK Girl) and went nail by nail applying a flower while it was still wet. I very lightly pushed down the edges of the flowers using the back end of my tweezers.


I was not at all happy with how my thumb turned out, which is why you get more pictures of just the four nails. I tried overlapping some of the bigger dried flower pieces, and they refused to lay flat and just fought me. Any tricks for working with these types of the dried flowers?? I'm open to suggestions haha! I just love how the other four nails turned out, I wish I could figure out those big ones!


As always, thanks for looking, and I'd love to hear your thoughts below! <3
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. You chose the perfect combination of spring/summer I think. That watermelon neon is definitely summery but flowers always make me think of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. Now I wanna try out some dried flowers :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3