Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pokemon Challenge: Fighting Type

I'm all caught up! For the time being lol...but it makes me feel really good to post on time again. AND, I'm happy to report that I am MUCH more satisfied with this week's mani. It's Fighting week, and I chose Hitmonchan!

But first, a special guest appearance! This literally happens EVERY time I get my lightbox out. Trixie, Cleo, or both of them get in the lightbox. It drives me nuts! It depends how long I take to shoo them out, but they usually take a bath, take a nap, or just scratch around at the fabric haha. Here's Trixie posing before she got kicked out because she was in my way!


Now, onto the nails! I never really used many fighting types, unless it was a Fire/Fighting type. Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are pretty cool though! I wanted to do Hitmonchan because it think she just looks cooler. The colors I used are Sally Hansen All Fired Up, Essie She's Picture Perfect, Essie Yogaga, Revlon Smoldering (the background behind Hitmonchan), and China Glaze Mahogany Magic. I used black and white stripers for the details, and topped with 2 coats of HK Girl.





I really really love how these turned out!! I feel like I've redeemed myself for last week lol. I have some bad news though...this morning I noticed a big horizontal crack starting on my pinky on this hand (my swatching/nail art hand) and it's gotten irreparable. So, this is probably going to be the last new mani you'll see with my pretty long nails. I've got some vault manis to post, but after that, I'm gonna have nubs for a while. The break is ALL the way down at my finger. :(

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you think of these nails! And don't forget to look at the other girl's Fighting nails! <3
Kelly

2 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3