Friday, October 26, 2012

365 Days of Color: Boouk!

Okay, super excited to post this one - today I have my first ever 365 Days of Color polish purchase - Boouk! This is THE perfect Fall polish, and I'm seriously in love - it looks JUST like Winifred's spellbook from Hocus Pocus. I'm also excited because Hocus Pocus is currently DVR'd and waiting for me at home! Honestly, Halloween cannot pass without me watching this movie since the time it came out - I love it!!

Bottle shot
Okay, this polish is glorious. It's got a sheer, shimmering nude base with gold, brown, and copper hexes and squares in various sizes.

Macro shot
And now onto the nails! I'd seen this polish on it's own and layered and I think I prefer the look of it layered. Plus, I'm a fan of layering because it conserves polish! In the following photos, I layered  about a coat and a half of Boouk! over OPI Did You Ear About Van Gogh? I think these two went perfectly together!

Artificial light; no flash

Artificial light; no flash

Artificial light; no flash

Artificial light; no flash
And a picture in the sun! I absolutely loved this mani, and I feel like it could be work appropriate for those of us who need to tone it down during the work week! (Thankfully that doesn't apply to me because I wear some pretty crazy colors!)

Natural sunlight; no flash
Thanks for reading everyone!! I would love to hear what you guys think of this mani! Let me know below <3

Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Love the layered look!!! The glitter is really pretty for fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty glitter! The bottle is pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I do love these bottles - they are unlike any others I own!

      Delete
  3. This is really a pretty understated look but still gives you a little 'bling'! The best of both worlds! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you like! I agree it's not so "in your face" but still eye-catching! Love it :]

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3