Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fall into Autumn Challenge: Day 6 - Autumn Leaves

Good morning everyone!
Today I've got my Autumn Leaves mani for the 6th week of the Fall into Autumn Challenge. This one was really fun for me - I got to use some new polishes and try some new techniques, and overall I loved the finished product.

I actually got to break out one of the new polishes I made that's on sale at my Etsy shop (Trix & Treats Lacquers). I just opened and put a couple polishes out, so I'm going to wait until I see what polishes are successful before I fully stock them. I've also got several that are in testing phases that I plan to put up this weekend :] But this is one of the polishes I made last week, and I honestly didn't name it after this week's challenge but it fits perfectly!


So I used my Autumn Leaves franken on one nail, and of course I had to do something different on all the other nails, as always! I rarely do uniform manis anymore, and my right and left hands never match lol.

Anyway, here are my Autumn Leaves-inspired nails! :]


For the gradient on my thumb, I painted 2 coats of Pure Ice Jaguar, then on a makeup sponge, I painted Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Heat Flash, Wet n Wild I Red a Good Book, and China Glaze Mahogany Magic.
My index and pinky fingers have a base color of Pure Ice Jaguar, and I painted on leaves using a small art brush and the colors listed in the gradient, plus SH Insta-Dri Lightening.
My middle finger is meant to be a leaf pile with falling leaves that I saw on College Polished. I sponged on all the colors listed above with a corner of a makeup sponge and I dabbed on the falling leaves using an art brush - the base color is China Glaze Kalahari Kiss.
My ring finger has one coat of Trix & Treats Lacquers Autumn Leaves over Kalahari Kiss.

Here's a closer photo:


And one in the shade:


What do you think of my autumn leaves nails? Check out the other ladies in the challenge too!

Kelly

10 comments:

  1. So pretty!!!! And I love your glitter polish!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :] I'm still learning how to make polishes, but I thought this one came out pretty well :]

      Delete
  2. I feel all warm and cozy looking at this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness! I should have read the post yesterday!! Congrats on opening your own shop! This glitter is amazing! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katee!! I'm getting there, still I've got sooo far to go. But I'm super excited to share my creations with the world! :D

      Delete
  4. That's a really pretty glitter! I love the label :P
    I think you are the first with a leaf pile? I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kayono! My cat inspired the label lol I love her!
      And I loved the leaf pile idea :] Something different ;]

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I can't wait to make more polishes this weekend :D

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3