Monday, October 15, 2012

Playing Around with Butter London Matte Topcoat

Recently I took advantage of that Coterie deal offering 3 Butter London polishes plus a matte topcoat for $11 shipped. I mean, how could you not?? Around here, one BL polish retails for $14 so it was a no-brainer. Anyway, I decided to play around a bit with the matte topcoat. I've never really been a fan of matte topcoat because I'm addicted to my SV, but I read somewhere (Can't remember where, sorry!!) about the "sandwich" method - using your regular topcoat and THEN the matte topcoat, and I knew I had to try it.

My first mani using this new method features Butter London Bluey, another polish I picked up from Coterie during the deal. Ignore the accent nail - I had gotten a Kleancolor package in the mail that day too, and wanted to try out the Chunky Holo Fuschia, but it did not go together well at all! Oh well. :]

Butter London Bluey mattified
I LOVED the look of Bluey mattified! I feel like the matte look was made for this polish :] It looks so smooth and sued-ey!


Like I said, I also got a Kleancolor package that day with Chunky Holo Fuschia and Metallic Pink. I wanted to try those out, too, so here they are!

Kleancolor Metallic Pink with Chunky Holo Fuschia and matte accent
I loved the POP of this mani! I don't own a pink as bright and in your face as Metallic Pink, and I love it. I was just so excited to try these two, but they really are not the best combination - it blends too much. I bet Chunky Holo Fuschia would look amazing over black! I thought the matte accent nail looked really cool too.

A couple close-ups! Ignore that little spot on my middle finger where the top coat skipped over! I didn't notice until I posted the pictures full-size, haha.




So what do you think of these two manis? I like the matte look now that I know about the sandwich method. What are your favorite polishes to mattify?? Let me know below <3


Kelly

4 comments:

  1. I like Bluey mattified! I don't usually mattify my manis, but I need to make an effort to try to more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, Bluey looks gorgeous as a matte! Love it! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3