Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Go Pink Wednesday!

Hey there everyone!
Today I've got my second Go Pink Wednesday mani, and again I am honored to be able to join together with these awesome ladies to bring awareness to such a great cause.

I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with today's look, but I had just bought a few new pink China Glazes (they're on sale at Sally's) and I wanted to try out Rich & Famous. I started with a base coat of that and then did something different on each nail.


For my thumb I did a subtle glitter gradient using Essence Party Princess.
I did some random dotting on my index using Kleancolor Metallic Pink and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Presto Pink.
My middle finger shows my first ever encounter with striping tape. I picked up this tape from Born Pretty Store and it works great! I thought it would be perfect for this mani.
The glitter on my ring is Pure Ice Spitfire, and my pinky is just a failure, lol. I had tried to do a ribbon in a different shade of pink using my dotting tools, but it failed miserably and I didn't have time to start completely over before work, so I covered it up with white lol. I used a thin coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust to try to cover up the mistakes!




I hope you like this week's pink mani for Breast Cancer Awareness! Check out the other ladies participating <3

Kelly


19 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!! I love pink. :D I like the striping tape, too!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggy! I love pink, too - I need to start wearing more of it ;]

      Delete
  2. Great mani, I love how you did something different on each nail, but it all combines to look perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon, what a great compliment! I usually do something different on each nail because I'm so indecisive, so I'm really happy when it actually looks good together lol :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. OOH, I need to go look now! I haven't been through everyone else's yet, darned work getting in the way lol!

      Delete
  4. Cute manicure Kelly! I really like the tape portion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer!! I have to say, I was pretty happy with my first striping tape experience :]

      Delete
  5. Lovely designs on each nail. Amazing nail art for a great cause. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, I think this is my favorite mani so far this week! I love all of the different designs come together to make one awesome cohesive mani! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love how all the nails are different yet held together by the pink.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3