Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wicked Webs

Hey there everyone!!
I, for one, am getting SUPER excited for Halloween - this is my favorite time of year and I don't want it to end!! I'm loving all the Halloween movies and shows on TV, and the weather outside has given me a ton of inspiration for Halloween themed manis :] I have a couple to show you here in the next week or so!

Here is the first one - this is something I sort of made up as I went along, and I am pretty happy with it overall.

I started with 2-3 coats of Revlon Wicked Star (I smudged my middle finger, please ignore that...I tried to fix it and it looks awful!!), which is a gorgeous shimmering grass green. It is literally THE perfect Halloween green. Then I went in and added black tips with binder reinforcements and Sinful Black on Black.

Revlon Wicked Star with black French tips

 I didn't really mean to make them look like little Frankenstein heads, haha! I just thought the colors went well together for Halloween.

Then, I decided to add a little something extra so for the accent, I hand placed some round black studs I picked up at Born Pretty Store. I also wanted to try out the decals I got at Sally's for Halloween. Here's what I came up with!


I also want to take a second to express just how in LOVE I am with HK Girl!!! I got this in the mail last week and I haven't stopped using it since. This is an important statement because I swear by Seche Vite! I like HK Girl because it does the same thing as SV but is much thinner and therefore much less "goopy". I still think SV levels out chunky glitters better just because of the thickness, but for everyday manis, I believe HK Girl will be my next go-to. You can pick it up at Glisten & Glow - Jill doesn't make it but she re-bottles it and sells it to her customers! Which is nice because I haven't seen it for sale anywhere else - someone correct me if I'm wrong.




That's it for today everyone - hope you like my spooky spiderweb nails! Let me know what you think below :]

<3
Kelly

8 comments:

  1. Great mani! The spider and web decals are too cute! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little web and the spider!! I also really like this green on you! It suits you. I started using Butter London's top coat and I think I'm in love. But I still always want my Seche Vite on hand..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do like this shade with my skintone! I will probably still buy SV just because it's readily available in store and I don't have to pay shipping, but it's good to know I have options that I like!! :D

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3