Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Tale of Two Sallys

Good morning loves!
Today I have a kind of comparison for you. This Halloween season there have been a lot of Nightmare Before Christmas themed polishes, and I've seen several that are inspired by Sally. I picked up two of them that are really different and I wanted to show them both to you.

First up is Vivid Lacquer - Ragdoll's Soliloquy. At least I took this polish as being inspired by Sally, if it wasn't I apologize - but that's what it made me think of! This is the second Vivid Lacquer I've picked up, and I was not disappointed - it is gorgeous! It's a clear base with a fine green shimmer, green and blue glitters in hex, heart, and moon shapes.



I thought this color would look great over a light color, like an off-white, so I chose OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (this is like my go-to off white anymore)! It would probably also look cool over black, because of that green shimmer, but then you'd lose the hearts and small black hexes. 

Now onto the pictures! I added an accent nail of Sinful Colors Pink Forever, because it looked like another color I can see in Sally's dress.





I loved this polish! I thought it was gorgeous over both the pink and the white, and that green shimmer is amazing! The smaller glitters applied easily and evenly, but the hearts and moons needed a little help with placement. I had no problems getting them out, but I did prefer to drag them around a bit just to scatter them more.
This polish retails for $9 for 15 mL, and you can still pick it up at Vivid Lacquer's Etsy shop. That link will take you directly to the polish!


Next up, I have Dollish Polish We're Simply Meant to Be. This is a gorgeous polish! I spot hexes in a chartreuse-y green, bright blue, berry purple, and tiny hexes in pale pink. This polish is inspired by Sally too, and I can totally see the inspiration, but it's completely different. Definitely need both ;]




I thought WSMTB would look great over black, so I layered 2 coats over Milani Black Swift. I added an accent nail used Wet n Wild I Red a Good Book, since it's the color of Sally's hair! :] The pink shimmer really adds something different to this polish.







As usual, I had no issues with this Dollish. No clumping, no fishing - all colors were represented equally and applied smoothly with a swipe of the brush. I've shown 2 coats here because I like better coverage, but 1 would have worked just fine. I'm not sure if/when she is planning on restocking her Halloween collection, but  you should definitely follow Dolly on Facebook for updates on restocks!


So what do you guys think? Which is your favorite Sally polish?? I'd love to know below :]

Kelly



These products were purchased by me, and the review posted above displays my honest opinions.

13 comments:

  1. Ragdoll's soliloquy! This is the polish I picked from your contest & I can't wait to get it. I love the colors & moon & heart glitters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you should get it soon Tabitha! You will love it :} The shape glitters are super unique!

      Delete
  2. I definitely love VL's Ragdoll's Soliloquy! I love it over all those colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought those were perfect base colors too :] Definitely a mani I will have to bring out for Halloween!

      Delete
  3. I love both of these!!!! Now I want Ragdoll's Soliloquy! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's tough being a polish addict, isn't it?? It is definitely a gorgeous polish though - you should get it!!! :}

      Delete
  4. Both are gorgeous! My fave is Ragdoll's Soliloquy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a unique and feminine look - perfect for Sally. Glad you like Megan! :]

      Delete
  5. They're both gorgeous. I love We're Simply Meant To Be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely like we're simply meant to be best. Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input Jessie! I don't know if I could pick a favorite if I tried, they are both so gorgeous! :]

      Delete
  7. That second one looks amazing over black. Oh wow. Gorgeous glitters.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3