Friday, October 19, 2012

Wet n Wild Poison Ivy & Revlon Haunted Heart Swatches

Hi everyone! Today I have a couple random swatches for you of Halloween-themed polishes I picked up recently. WARNING: Nubs ahead! I had a few breaks last week and my nails looked ridiculous because they were all different lengths, so I evened them all out. I am still getting used to it, but keep reminding myself: they will grow back, they will grown back. Haha!

I also would like to introduce you to my new frenemy, The Lightbox. I was so super stoked to get this lightbox in the mail because I couldn't wait to take pictures at night and have a uniform background. I think my expectations were somewhat unrealistic. I work second shift so taking pictures at night was basically my SOLE reason for purchasing a lightbox, and so far, it's not gone well. The pictures look pretty from far away but when I look at them on the computer, they are soft - not the crisp, detailed photos I get in direct sunlight. I've since purchased better lights, so I'm hopeful that will help but until then, bear with me.

These first four photos were taken in the lightbox. First up, we have Revlon Top Speed - Haunted Heart. It's a lovely shimmery orange shade that's perfect for Halloween! This is actually the base for the Halloween mani that I posted yesterday :]
The formula on this was great - I got opacity in two generous coats, no streaking, no bald spots and dry time was great. I topped this off with a coat of Out the Door and it held up for quite some time with no chipping! 

Revlon Top Speed - Haunted Heart

Revlon Top Speed - Haunted Heart

Next up: this is Wet n Wild Megalast in Poison Ivy. I saw some of these shades on other blogs and there were a couple I just had to have - this being the main one. It is stunning in person - these photos really don't do it justice, darned lightbox! It is a deep blackened forest-y green that has a gorgeous shimmer in the light. I used China Glaze - Make a Spectacle for the accent just to add some glitziness (yep, new word).

Wet n Wild Megalast - Poison Ivy with China Glaze - Make a Spectacle accent

This one came out kind of dark - but check out the sparkle on Make a Spectacle!!
 And of course, since I was unsatisfied with my lightbox photos, I waited until morning to try and get a shot of this one in the sun! Check out the thumb to see how shimmery it really is!!

Poison Ivy and Make a Spectacle

Thanks for looking everyone! I'd love to hear what you think!! <3


Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Poison Ivy and Make a Spectacle look amazing together! I will have to try this in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, I totally agree! I just kinda threw them together on a whim but I LOVED the outcome :]

      Delete
  2. I love Poison Ivy and Make a Spectacle together! I have been looking for this Wet N Wild collection and can't seem to find it! What drugstore did you find it in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I found mine at Walgreen's but I had to go to two different stores to find the colors I wanted. They were on a Halloween endcap display, not with the regular polishes :]

      Delete
  3. Poison Ivy is so gorgeous! It looks great with Make a Spectacle too, they go perfectly together. I haven't been able to find the Wet n Wild collection yet, I'm hoping it'll pop up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they definitely work great together! I will cross my fingers for you to find them, the Walgreen's around here are hit or miss, usually there was just one or two left when I went in but I'm hoping they restock!

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3