Saturday, October 20, 2012

Natty's Gilty Pleasure!

Hey all, hope you're having a wonderful Saturday! I slept in for an appalling length of time and am heading to meet my dad for dinner soon so I'd say my day's a success so far :]

Last night, I received my Gilty trio from Zoya in the mail and I was super excited to try it out, but I had tons of swatching and reviewing to do. I managed to speed through swatching my own polishes for my Etsy shop and finally around 1 am I was able to play with Gilty! I don't have a ton of Zoyas, maybe 10, but even in that small amount of colors, there were several I thought Gilty would go great with. I ended up settling on Natty, and I am in LOVE with the combo.

Here's the bottle shot - doesn't it just look luxurious?? :]


I wasn't even going to buy into the whole "gold topcoat" trend when I first saw it at Sephora, but Zoya offered up a great deal with this trio - I didn't have Purity or Raven yet, so this set was a great deal in my opinion! Plus, to make things even better, I had some Share the Love points, so I got full size bottles of Anchor, Armor, and Fast Drops for free! Plus a mini bottle of Remove+, which is always nice to have. :]



Anyways, onto the nails. I thought Natty would look gorgeous with Gilty, and she ended up exceeding my expectations! In the photos shown below, I used: 1 coat of Zoya Armor, 2 coats of Zoya Natty, 2 coats of Zoya Gilty, 1 coat of Zoya Armor, and then the Fast Drops.





In my opinion, the gold flakes were super easy to work with! I didn't notice any major problems with clumping, and I didn't have to mess around with placement. What you see above is where the flakes ended up after the normal brushstrokes. I wanted more coverage so I went back for a second coats, but one coat would definitely suffice. I just absolutely LOVE this look and can't wait to try it with other colors!


What polishes would you like to try with Zoya Gilty?? Let me know below! <3


Kelly

2 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3