Monday, October 15, 2012

SH in a Flurry and 365 Days of Color

Second post in a day - I know, I know! I've got a TON of stuff to catch up on before the end of October though, so I might have a couple of days where I need to post twice. 

Today, as you can probably tell is kind of a random day. I had a couple drafts set up that I wanted to get posted!

Recently I decided to try 365 Days of Color Cuticle Balm and Oil, since I'd heard so many great things about it and I was picking up Boouk! (review on that soon) anyway. 

These oils/balms are AWESOME. The oils are not overly greasy but super moisturizing and I LOVE the scents I picked out - Peach Magnolia Raspberry is my favorite. The balms seem to soak right in and were more practical for use at work for that reason. I strongly recommend trying these out if you haven't yet - the sampler pack is perfect for trying out scents since there are SO many. :]



And for the other half of my super random post, I have Sally Hansen Insta-Dri In a Flurry. This polish was extremely frustrating to photograph!! I desperately wanted to show off the shimmer in this polish, but it laughed in my face - see Scrangie's photos to see it in all its glory.


It looks like a charcoal grey in the bottle, but in light it's got micro-shimmers in green, purple, blue, and maybe pink? It's gorgeous on, just trust me on that one!

I tried my best to get some shots in different lighting and different angles, but ultimately failed to convey all the different colors. Oh well, it's pretty anyways!!





What do you think of In a Flurry?
And I'd love to hear which 365 Days of Colors cuticle oils and balms you've tried, if any! I will definitely be picking up more in the future :]


Kelly

2 comments:

  1. This entire post is so luxurious! I found that with hard to photograph colours taking them out of good, bright light and using weird orange light helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Sharra!! Orange light, hmm never thought of that! Do you have an orange lightbulb or something? I am open to trying anything at this point lol! This polish frustrated me so much!

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3