Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall into Autumn Challenge: Day 7 - Pumpkins

This is going to be a quick post because I'm on my way out the door for work! I did my Pumpkins for this weeks FiA theme, but I have to admit, I'm not super proud of this mani. I pictured it in my head being a lot cuter, but for me it left something to be desired. If I had had more time I would have definitely added to it. AND it didn't help that the night before I was going to do these, I completely broke off my index nail so it's a silly little nub! Today I broke another one on this hand so I chopped them all - but you will see those soon! Here are my pumpkin nails!


For the base color I used Sally Hansen Crushed, and I freehanded the tips using Wet n Wild Sagreena the Teenage Witch. My freehand skills weren't that great, lol so I added a bit of sparkle using Orly Monster Mash. My little Jack-o-Lantern actually came out better than I expected because I did this mani with my non-dominant hand! I used Stripe Rite in black for the little face.

Here's another shot in slightly different lightning.


I hope you guys like it, even if I wasn't totally thrilled. I promise next week's will be MUCH better! My lightbox just came in the mail today so hopefully I will be trying that out soon - I will let you guys know how it works - I got a great deal! :]

Don't forget to check out the rest of the ladies:


7 comments:

  1. Awwwww I think it's cuuuuute!!! :) I love the green tips Kelly!! <3 Have a good day at work lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did the green tip nails with glitter!! And the orange is a great pumpkin color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! I love the orange with green glitter tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your green tips with glitter are real pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3