Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween Water Marble

I've been trying lots of Halloween inspired manis recently, I thought it was necessary to push myself a bit. So, I decided to try water marbling again! I've never had a ton of luck with it but I've seen such pretty designs on other people, so I really want to get the hang of it.  But, that being said, I hate it haha! It never turns out how I want it! But I thought I'd share it with you guys anyway. Here is my Halloween water marble attempt.


I started out with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Heat Flash and in the marble I that, along with Sinful Colors Black on Black and a purple Sinful that I don't remember the name of at the moment. On the thumb, I also used Sinful Clementine, but it was too many colors and I didn't like it so for the rest of the nails I didn't use Clementine.


I accidentally smeared the thumb and middle when I put topcoat on, so I thought I'd add a coat of CG Fairy Dust to cover it up and I LOVED the look of that! Fairy Dust is my new go-to polish when I need just a bit of sparkle :]


Here's a close up of the thumb because I liked the way it swirled - ignore the smear though! ;]


And one last photo in the sun, to show off the holographic sparkle in Fairy Dust!!



That's all for today, I hope you like my Halloween water marble! Let me know what you think below! :D

Kelly

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh I really like the glitter over top! Makes it all magical =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. The thumb is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! You did a fantastic job with the marbling! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yun!! I do think I'm definitely improving - still needs work though ;]

      Delete
  4. Are you kidding me? You actually do a really good water marble Kelly!! I love the thumb even though it's ever so slightly smeared! lol And I like the Fairy Dust on top! Too cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks Maggy!! I can never make those cool designs like other people do, I just kinda keep swirling until I don't hate it haha!! <3

      Delete
  5. Such a great water marble! Your swirls are so detailed!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3