Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Go Pink Wednesday!

Hey there everyone! Today I've got another Go Pink Wednesday mani to share with you.
I really really liked this one...last night when I did it. It got kinda smushed in my sleep and I tried to repair it but it doesn't look as good as it did before! But, I tried something totally new for me, and it was something I never thought I could do - hand placing glitters! Or more accurately, "glequins", as coined by The Nailasaurus.

Here's my Go Pink Wednesday mani for the week!


I used Wet n Wild Fast Dry - How I Met Your Magenta for the base and hand-placed Martha Stewart glequins using topcoat and an orange stick. I used 2 coats of Milani Jewel FX Hot Pink for the accent nail, and CG Fairy Dust on the thumb. The black glitter actually bled a bit on the nail, I guess I shouldn't be surprised since they bleed like crazy in frankens, but I still thought it looked cool.

I know these next two look almost exactly the same, but the lighting was hitting some of the glequins in the first one, and I really liked how it turned out!




And I have one more thing to add - a small victory for some, but a HUGE victory for me. This next picture is PRE clean-up. This never happens...I am sloppy and I'm always rushing so I almost always get polish on my skin, or at least touching the cuticle line so that I ALWAYS, without fail need to use acetone and a flat brush to clean up. Anyways, I was so beyond excited that I am getting better at application - I practically shoved my nails in my boyfriend's face showing off how clean they were!! Haha, okay that's the end of my shameless bragging. Check out the picture :]

Wet n Wild Fast Dry - How I Met Your Magenta PRE-CLEANUP :]

Thanks for looking everyone, and as always, check out the other ladies participating in Go Pink Wednesdays!


4 comments:

  1. Nicely done!!! And congrats on no clean-up :) I know that's exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really pretty mani! I love the base color you used. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yun! It was a polish I kind of forgot about in the helmer, I'm glad I found it again :}

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3